Monday, September 28, 2020

Where Did The Time Go?

 Its been a bit since I took the time to post.  And to anyone following me, I sincerely hope you didn't miss me too bad!  I've been busy.  Like really busy.

September 17th was the day that I incorporated my company - Nosh Nibblz LLC, with the state of Arizona.  Woohoo! It's a healthy homemade pet treat business. The idea came to me when  I was asked by the ladies at the dog groomer's how I was doing since they last saw Teek (the sheltie) three months ago.  They knew I had been widowed last August, that I had found love again, and that I was working hard in my fiftieth year to start fresh. I was talking about the amazing cakes I had been baking, and that I thought I should go into business baking custom goodies.

And then it dawned on me. When I asked if there were any really healthy homemade pet treats around the area they said NO! Nosh Nibblz was born.  I went home and wrote the business plan in an afternoon.  The concepts and questions poured out of me as if my mind had been waiting to be poured out.  Fascinating.

Fascinating because my departed husband (God WHAT word do you use for a man you were married to for 28 years that passes unexpectedly!!!???) Anyway, he had several degrees, one of which was an MBA, and he was an entrepreneur. Always talking about this business and that which he was going to start, as soon as the timing was right and he had all of his ducks in a row. And all of the right equipment.  And certifications. It got to the point that when he began talking about yet another idea my eyes would glaze over. And that's a true regret of mine. Would he still be around if I had just LISTENED??? Yeah , well, welcome to the lovely world of the self-flagellation of grief.  It sure creeps up and smacks  you right on the back of the head sometimes. It's not logical at all. In my defense I was working more than full time, taking care of the house, shopping for food, etc. Soooo. 

Anyway, it really felt like Steve was right there just unlocking all of those ideas, asking me the tough questions, playing devil's advocate (I firmly believe he went to a heaven of his own, in the universe, and is having conversations with all of the brilliant minds that have passed)and generally encouraging me. Because step by step I



outlined my plan and pulled the trigger.  And so far so good.  My husband Terry is helping, we call it our company, and we're working hard to get our name out there and finish the steps we need to take to make it successful.

And guess what? We're having FUN!!! We get to make our own hours, wear what we want (I have decided my "uniform" will be leggings and a series of snarky or sweet or empowering t-shirts).  

And so that's where the time has gone.  Because I wanted to write this blog to share a slice of my life.  Not to let the blog BE my life, ya know?

Because I know better than most that life is short, and grab what happy you can, and hang on to it, and go ahead and take chances.  Life is not a leftover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Did The Time Go?

 Its been a bit since I took the time to post.  And to anyone following me, I sincerely hope you didn't miss me too bad!  I've been ...